Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Thrifting Weekend

On Friday and Saturday I went thrifting, looking for some items to fill in gaps in my spring/summer wardrobe, especially for London.

Friday: I went to Buffalo Exchange and used one of the two credit cards I'd acquired by selling excess clothing. I bought a denim jacket ($8) and black&white polka dot dress ($15), each of which fits perfectly. The demin jacket was one piece I was determined to find, and the cost was $0 because I used the card.



Denim Jacket similar to this one
 


Polka Dot Dress just like this one

Saturday: I went out to a strip with several thrifts where I had never been. At the first one, I bought two coats, a blue 3/4 jacket in a particularly lovely shade ($4.98) and a silver tissue coat that is nothing like my usual fare ($6.98).

Blue Jacket similar to this one, in this exact color

Silver Coat similar, but softer in its lines

At the second shop, I bought a small gold-framed mirror to hand by the front door ($7) and a basket the perfect size for the monthly magazines/catalogs ($5).





At the third, I found a paisley cardigan ($7), a black&white tweed linen jacket ($6.50) and a Willi Smith skirt ($8).


Similar, but waist-length and without buttons

Tissue-weight linen, with center closure

Full skirt, black with fuschia and white floral pattern

The good news is that each piece will not only go well with most of the others, but will mix into the basic black/white/blue/rust scheme of my summer clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.