Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 8: Getting tickets

Today's task: getting tickets for Oxford and Paris exhibits ordered and paid for
  • One Man, Two Guv'nors in London, which I'll see with my students (12 tickets)
  • The backstage tour at the National Theatre, also in London (10 tickets)
  • The huge Matisse exhibition at the Pompidou Center in Paris (1 ticket for me)
  • The Musee d'Orsay and its exhibit on Degas (1 ticket for me)
Discussion: The Sunday market at Richard LeNoir. It starts at the Bastille but it truly is the best Sunday market I've ever seen. Organic produce and dairy and meat, and not. But all gorgeous. I've also bought tableclothes (real Provencal-style in washable oilcloth), trinkets and kitchen goods. I like to start every Sunday morning there.

I can literally buy the best roast chickens in Paris from a vendor at that market. I buy two.
 
What I'll do on Day 2: my favorite Sunday activities. I'll go to breakfast in the Place des Vosges at Ma Bourgogne, then to the Richard Lenoir market and buy 2 chickens as well as fruit and vegetables for the week. Then it's possible that in the afternoon I'll simply walk up and around Sacre Coeur and click pictures in the neighborhood, take a book and read in the gardens behind Sacre Coeur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.