Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

if I was in Paris... March 23, 2012

If I was in Paris today... sounds like a dream.

I am actually looking for an apartment for June in the city, to be shared with a fellow academic, and having some/no luck.

But if I was in Paris. The weather is much warmer, seventy degrees and sunny. Nice weather for a stroll along the Seine, taking early morning pictures of the river and Notre Dame and the bright sunshine on the stone buildings. Having breakfast in a cafe--outside--watching people hurry by to work.

Then once breakfast was over, I'd be heading over to the Tuileries or Luxembourg gardens, I think, to check out the budding flowers, trees, and bushes, enjoying the sun and the small crowds. Too early for many tourists, I think. Just being outside, seeing the gorgeous Paris sunlight and strolling, being a flaneuse, would be a great day. Bring a book, sit in one of the famous green metal chairs, and enjoy a leisurely afternoon... sounds heavenly.

It might be a good day to go to the Musee Dapper, where there is an exhibition of African and Caribbean masks that looks quite extensive and varied. Great pictures! I've never been to this museum, which is located in the sixteenth arrondissment, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. The address is 35bis, rue Paul Valery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.