Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

9 in 9, Saturday

Regular 9 in 9:


  1. Get car's bumper repaired
  2. Sell books, etc. to local shop
  3. Deliver printers to Salvation Army (no, I never...)
  4. Visit Tax Man and get 2011 taxes in (early?)
  5. Put dress on eBay
  6. Sign up with Habitat for Humanity
  7. Contact new retirement fund for re-diversification of funds
  8. Contact old retirement fund for information
  9. Clean apartment top to bottom in one day
Creative 9 in 9:
  1. finish 2nd manuscript and edit; submit to editor
  2. catch up with playwriting binge, for a total of 18 submissions--7
  3. write 5 pages/day on current play
  4. read 5 new books-1,2,3
  5. blog every day--1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
  6. exercise 20 minutes daily
  7. edit 20 pages of 1st ms. for editor--1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
  8. create two creative assignments for students
  9. create/design syllabus for new fall course
I think the Regular 9 in 9 is done for the week, since I cannot see the Tax Man or take the car over the weekend. This is not too bad, however, since I accomplished even more than these things in the last seven days and still have the weekend. And I feel so very good about getting the books, tapes, and printers out of the apartment.

This coming week, I'll schedule both appointments, including coordinating the rental car I'll need while mine is in the shop getting its new bumper. By the end of March, these last two will be done.

For the Creative 9 in 9, I can see where my energy went: I blogged every day and edited my manuscript. Everything else fell by the wayside. However, I also wrote and submitted two of my three books reviews, which was not on the list but another "must do" of the week.

I also saw friends: two lunches, one dinner, several coffee dates, and multiple phone calls. In part this happened because I wasn't in class or prepping classes, focused mostly on work.

I know it's unrealistic to think I have the energy to work on multiple writing projects at the same time, given the rest of my life. Of course, I feel better when I do spend at least an hour daily on my own writing; it is an emotional and mental lift. I feel as if I am exercising and awakening the muscles of my discipline in new ways by expecting myself to write daily... looking to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.