Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Planning for Paris

Next summer I'll be in Paris before teaching at Oxford, again.

What will I be doing? Of course, going to Tolbiac and researching -- happily! Visiting museums and raiding their bookstores, as well as finding at least one, new museum. Walking the Seine and riding the Metro and sitting in cafes enjoying the sights.

What else will I be doing? I'll be stocking up on my favorite items that I cannot get outside of Paris.
Like:

Repettos. The classic ballet flats, on sale in July.

In 2010, I bought classic flats in a textured black. I can't wait to see what's available in June 2012, but I plan to buy two pairs.

Mixa lip balm. Wonderful stuff, in a drugstore lip balm.




Great scent, great texture, buttery soft balm.

Monoprix cashmere. Yes, good quality cashmere in Target-level clothing.
Good enough for Ines and me!

I have two gorgeous v-neck cashmere sweaters -- just like this! -- from Monoprix. I wear them once weekly during winter, and they have yet to pill, they hold their color, and I love them.

Pharmacy and Monoprix brands of skin care: do not knock it!






Avene, Nuxe, and other fantastic stuff I can stock up on, trying new products -- again, once the sales start everything is disounted, too.

Lush Happy Hippy. In the good formulation... not the US version.



Happy shampoo/bodywash combo with the brilliant scent of fresh-squeezed grapefruit!

Tea. Specifically, Mariage Freres Tea.



I spend at least a couple of hours in one of their shops deciding which of the many black, white, green, or red teas I want to take home.

Ahhhh, happy pre-summer thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I think you can save enough on the skin care items to justify the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too. Or at least, I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. European Summers are the best. Congrats on your plans.
    I use as well this Avene stuff. But I would highly recommend to buy "Eucerin Hyaluron Filler". As "A Femme d'Un Certain Age"
    told us some time ago, even her Parisian Skin Doctor only uses this product.
    Three month ago I bought the night cream, wich I use for day and night (additional a bit of tinted moisterizer with SPF for days) and I must admit, that's the best skin treatment I ever had in life. It's produced by the same company as "Nivea" and it's budget friendly (about € 23,--).
    It's clear, that no product in the world eliminates wrinkles, but my skin looks so dewy and soft and glows.
    I never have been a believer in all that stuff, but this cream is like a miracle.
    Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree: I noted that Eucerin product earlier--I hope I can find it, and not at the price on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.