Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What to Wear? Some notions

According to the NYTimes, we're headed back to the 70s. Their recent slide show (Thursday's edition) looks even better online, but here's a few of the choice looks I'd like to adapt for me.



Ferragamo--love the coat over the skirt/blouse combo

Jacobs' plummy pantsuit: my favorite!
YSL's le smoking, in white
Ferragamo, again: pinstripes
This is Ralph Lauren pinstripes (ignore the decor stuff)
Michael Kors pantsuit
The chiffon and georgette blouses give me pause, but the sexy menswear adaptations I love. The surprisingly clean lines, pinstripes, charcoal tweed, black-and-white combinations with pops of colors: all great. And don't ask me why the purple velvet pantsuit is my favorite: it is so very not Oscar Wilde in a poet's suit... and yet it makes me think of  this:

Wilde
And this...

Dietrich

Colette
Deneuve with YSL: muse and designer
I think the plum pantsuit has a combination of color, fabric, and line that really does it for me. But the Kors pantsuit makes me wish I had those long legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.