Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday...

Today is the first day of my actual summer... ok, this is a transitional week, as there are two My U events and I have one set of grades to post today.

But the main point is: onto the summer schedule!


Which basically means spending time every day writing. Four hours in the a.m., and four hours in the p.m. I am all about product, baby, not process, which will be messy and rough.


Summer is also about getting my house in order, literally -- getting completely out of the Old Apartment and donating/selling/trashing the stuff I no longer use or want and getting completely into my New Apartment, hanging pictures and arranging the several closets. I find myself already resenting the extra stuff I have and the lose of lovely open spaces of "empty" rooms. Oh, well. Once I finish, everything will be still spacious and uncluttered--or so I plan. Target date: 5.25.11.


I have a lot of books to read to get the 50 done this year--oh, what a problem! I am currently working on Rebecca Skloot's study, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, as an audiobook and Van Gogh's letters with his brother, Dear Theo, as a book-book.


I also have to take care of the details for my trip to Boston, DC, and home, visiting family and friends while giving a paper at a conference (more about the paper later: fascinating topic, just by accident!).

This week, just the start-up is enough. By next week, I hope to have hit my stride completely.


The flowers are from my time in Oxford in 2008, from the Botanical Gardens. I recommend this stop when you are in that lovely town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.