Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pantry Challenge, This Week

This past week, I cooked or baked:
  • Banana Bread (The Fannie Farmer Cookbook)
  • Cranberry-Citrus Muffins (Cooking Light, 1997)
  • Chicken with Salsa and Lemon
  • Skirt Steak with Shallots and Butter
Tonight I'm making an omelette with cheese, plus lots of romaine salad with homemade oil-vinegar dressing. I bought the salad "made" from a fancy grocery store here, but the Caesar dressing was soo heavy and salty, as was the parmesan shreads. Wow! Huge shift in my tastebuds, but the salt was somehow extra-salty.

In today's grocery store run, I bought only fruits, vegetables, a block of cheese, and sliced ham for lunches. I have so much food still in the pantry and freezer, that only needs imagination for really good meals.

This week I'll finish the chicken, and probably thaw something like fish later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.