Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

If I were in Paris... February 25, 2011

Weather is cloudy and 46 degrees.

Oooh, an excuse to visit the Galeries Lafayette and eat at the top floor cafe. And shop. An exhibition called "Cover Girl" includes photographs focusing on the art of the model and how it has changed in the last fifty years. Covering a select few of the most important fashion photographers of the period, the exhibition also allows the visitor to see the gorgeous permanent exhibition space within the Galeries Lafayette.

I love the store, from the beautiful vitrines outside to the amazing stained glass dome inside, to the displays of fashion, cosmetics, and accessories that flow throughout the store. Bliss. This is the main store, on Boulevard Haussmann.

I would definitely follow this up with the exhibition on the photographs of father and daughter Pierre and Alexandra Boulat, "Reporters sans Frontieres" which closes on Sunday. It is at the Petit Palais, which is a site I love anyway; I saw the Kurasawa and Saint-Laurent exhibits there. The museum has one of the best museum/bookshops in town.

Then, from here, I would walk up the Champs d'Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe and down the othr side to take a yoga class with my favorite teacher, Julie. The 90-minute class relaxes and stretches me, and then I can enjoy a light dinner and a glass of red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.