Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday mess

I have been trying to keep up with posting every day, but today got away from me. Two reasons: first, it is the kind of cold, gray, could-be-rainy day that makes me want to stay in pajamas and under the covers, and second, I am busy writing.


Not this, but something... else.



Thank God I am going through a fertile and connected writing time. (Knock wood, now that I say that aloud!) I am working every day (!) on a project, started in mid-September and about... two weeks from done. Dun. Doooonnnnneeee. Hallelujah.


This is very good, as both inspiration and the plain old will to write has eluded me, thanks to the High Drama (that's Draw-Ma!) nature of my job during the last... eighteen months. I've been like Sisyphus, rolling a really, really big rock up a hill: writing got done, just badly and slowly.


When inspiration and fertile thoughts hit, you simply have to put the phone on voice mail, push the Barney video in the VCR with "repeat", ignore the mail and the wash, and work it. So, forgive me, but I am happy. And if you don't forgive me, whatever, because I'm still happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.