Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Louie's

This little building lives across the street from one of my new coffee cafes.



I love it. The architectural details--windows, doors, angles--interest me. It is empty now, but used to be a bar called Louie's.






This is the side street view.

I took these pix during one of the hot, clear, surface-of-the-sun days here in DFW this week. This building, like my little cafe, is part of a neighborhood undergoing revival: lots of restaurants and bars so far, but not too many other kinds of shops. A new natural foods market I like very much is just around the corner, as well.

It is a bike destination, as well, given that it is a little farther than I've been thus far, as well and on and over some busy car-traffic streets.

Great to see this neighborhood becoming livelier, despite the economy, because it is a mixed area for Hispanic families and young artists, kind of an eclectic mix of residents who seem to be getting along (thus far) pretty well.

Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.